Tuesday 27 April 2010

To Veil Or Not To Veil

When I first thought of what my wedding outfit would be, and discovered the bridcage veil, I was pretty sold on it. I thought they were beautiful, different, and funky.

So I bought this:



I figured I'd be able to have the hairdresser fit my headband into the do, and then just pop this over the top for the Church and remove it for the reception. Anyway, during the hair trial, we couldn't seem to quite get it to go right, it looked a bit 'off' every time, so I came home without it on.

However, having played with it myself at home, I got it looking just how I thought it would! I was pretty chuffed with the look and it reassured me that it would be ok on the day.

So when on Sunday I was trying my dress on to show my sister, she wanted to see the veil. And she didn't like it. She'd never seen or heard of a birdcage, and even before she spoke, her face spoke volumes!! Admittedly, I wasn't made up and my hair was a bit bleurgh, but I still want to do it. It will be a decision made on the morning I'm sure, but I'm not ruling it out.









Look how stylish and pretty these all are! That could be me too? *hopeful* I just don't know whether it'd because I've bought a French ivory netting rather than a white Russian netting, but it doesn't show up well against my pinkness and blonde hair.

Another thing for 'on the day'.

No comments:

Post a Comment