Saturday 12 September 2009

The Proposal

No, not the new Sandra Bullock film. The day when Steve asked me to marry him.

It was Friday, September 11th, and it was sunny and warm.

I took the day off work, and we went out to Trentham Gardens for a meal at Frankie and Benny's, then mooched around the shops. After an ice-cream from Cadwaladers, he asked if there were any places to take a walk, so we drove up to Barlaston, and parked at the top of the Wedgwood Estate. Strolling down a lane, with picturesque views and pastoral scenes overlooking the lake, there was a bench. And sitting on this bench, Steve asked me to marry him and produced the ring!

The ring was my grandma's. My Mum had offered it to me a while ago, and I'd mentioned it to Steve. A few times probably!! He'd had it for a couple of weeks or so, after having spoken to my Dad.

We called our parents and family and headed home all happy!

On getting home, my housemate was so excited that she insisted on taking me out for dinner. I had guides at 7 and thought that another night would be better, as I'd have preferred to spend my time with my new fiancee, but I went along, and then went straight to Guides afterwards.

From 9.00pm onwards I didn't feel well. My tummy was very noisy, and giving me pains and it turned out Samira's was too. We'd got food poisoning from our meal! Typical! So our celebratory weekend wasn't exactly that. My Mum was in Scotland and my Dad in Wales, and I was ill. Looking forward to when I can drink champagne with the people I love though!!

No comments:

Post a Comment