Sunday 13 September 2009

First Thoughts

I've had thoughts and plans for a long time and know in 'theory' what I want. Am feeling rather daunted today at the prospect of actually putting it all into practise.

Still feeling rotten about this illness. Steve has gone to Church without me to announce it properly!! I really wanted to go to, but couldn't, and cried a little. What should be a lovely thing has really been a bit warped. Everyone else is celebrating! I sat and watched Mum, Dad and Steve enjoy my favourite roast lamb whilst I nibbled on two biscuits. *sigh*

On the plus side, we discussed plans and thoughts after lunch. And as for being a silent partner, just turning up on the day, Steve suddenly seems inspired to participate which although is nice of him, I don' mind if he can agree on what I want!! =D ha ha!!

Anyhow, with our guest list being on the larger side, and neither of us thinking that an evening do is something we want, we are thinking of a marquee somewhere, 150 people, and an informal afternoon tea style reception with champagne and bunting, games on the lawn to amuse the kiddies, and a magician. Food would be canapes and drinks on arrival, sit down meal with a starter, salads and cold meat, and cake stands with scones, jam and cream.

The Church ceremony will be at the Beacon, our home church, and be a joyful celebration of union! I'm looking forward to that bit the most.

Steve is going to organise the honeymoon and look into photographers and videographers.

Places for the marquee could be Eccleshall Castle, Bishton Hall, or even Trentham Gardens.

And I'm sure there'll be a few arguments along the way with Steve expecting to pay about 50p for everything! Maybe I'll manage the wedding budget instead.

No comments:

Post a Comment