Saturday 26 September 2009

Honeymoon Thoughts...

We went to the travel agents to discuss honey moon ideas. I would like two weeks in Italy, around Sorrento and visit Rome, Pompeii and Capri. Steve would like to go driving across Canada and rough it and meet bears. Ok, so I exaggerate slightly but that’s not my idea of a honeymoon at all. I do like the idea of a special break, but I wouldn’t want to be so busy I don’t relax. A driving holiday would mean deadlines and stress and a sore bum from sitting in a car all the time.

Anyway, we sat there and this poor woman looked a bit confused by our separate requests. She did a lovely quote for me, with 10 days flying to Sorrento and there’s lots to see and do and we could have a lovely time, not to hot at that time of year, but Steve said staying in a 4**** hotel would be his worst nightmare and he doesn’t want any luxury. To be honest, all he wants is to go to Canada. But even a nice hotel in Canada he wouldn’t enjoy. Difficult much.

So a honeymoon for us both to Italy would be about £2500 which isn’t so bad. Canada would be about £4000.

We picked up the brochures and I browsed through them that afternoon whilst Steve was out and about, and an in them was a coaching holiday which I wouldn’t want to do, but it gave me an idea that would be something of a compromise.

It was something like this:

Fly to Calgary and hire a car and drive for a few days along to Jasper. Pick up the train and then head along to Vancouver relaxing in an element of luxury and then spend a few days in Vancouver seeing the sights and staying in a hotel.

Then from Vancouver we could fly over to Hawaii for a week to relax. This would likely be horribly expensive, but seems to be the only compromise I can think of. And I do want to make Steve happy by us going to Canada but I don’t think it’s going to be the best option.

To further my argument, in the Wedding Book that his parents gave us, it says this “the honeymoon should not be a ‘holiday of a lifetime’. That’s not the time for it, a honeymoon is a different sort of holiday, and a romantic, loving time to enjoy each other’s company. But that’s the sort of thing Steve will hate :(

What to do, what to do….

No comments:

Post a Comment