Monday 5 April 2010

Project Day Bank Holiday

How nice to have another day off! This weekend has been lovely.

This morning I got up, and Steve and I went to Dunelm, where I bought two sheets in the sale, one with lavender spots, and one with lavender flowers for under £10 out of which i can cut triangles for bunting.

We then popped into Hobbycraft (at which Steve moaned and was therefore told he hadn't had to come, but he'd insisted, so he had to nice) and I got a few more sheets of paper, and a big A1 mounting board to stick the table plan onto.

Then it was quickly over to B&Q for a piece of dowelling to put at the bottom of the banners which turned out to be a broom handle which was too fat (may return if I can locate receipt) and Dad has some copper pipe which is thinner (and fits) and also heavier (to help the hang).

Anyway, carrying on, the afternoon was spent at Mum and Dad's glueing the letters to the banners on the floor in the conservatory and leaving them there to dry. The job was a good'un!! Dad also sawed the cafe rods down to size and found two other ends to go on them. He's got a plan in mind for hanging them! I like that they're both pleased with the banners too!

Then another mild panic at all the stationary left to do and Mum got on with printing stuff out and I felt better!! Ooh, and I printed my message tree poem out to go in a lavender butterfly frame I already have and it looks lovely!!

No comments:

Post a Comment