Monday 22 March 2010

Week Five - Wedding Class Finale

In this week, we had to look at strengths and qualities we admired in our partner. I was looking forward to this one, to see what Steve had to say about me. And his number one thought was: cooking. Apparently he likes my cooking him meals, and this is a strength! I thought it would have been something more about my character, but no. Cooking and laundry! How domesticated.

Then we had to write down six jobs we'd expect our partner to do around the house, six jobs we would do around the house and six to share.

I put washing up as a sharing job, taking the rubbish out as a Steve job, and laundry as a me job. I also said I'd be the handy DIY person, as Steve isn't the handiest with tools. (He's good with electrics though).

Steve put most girly jobs down to me, cooking, laundry and washing up (erm, I don't think so!) and didn't even think of six for himself. This could get ugly. *rolls up sleeves, ready for a fight!*

I'm just determined not to let him slack off. I know he's working at home, but he has to learn to make time for household jobs as well. He could get up ten minutes earlier to wash up, or do it during his lunch. I often do clean the kitchen before or after work. He's still quite happy to ignore it as my responsibility at the moment though. Grrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment