Thursday 18 March 2010

More Costing Thoughts...

Money money money.

Makes the world go round, and makes my head spin.

There's always something else to buy, which could be the perfect thing in keeping with the wedding, but in all honesty who would miss it but me? And on the day, would I be fussed if I didn't have a lace doily on the table with a card box? Or rather than a bird cage, I have a home made card box I've wrapped up in paper? Not really! Who will know but me, and ideas are not set in stone.

So, in short, I'm finding it difficult to draw a line between essentials and luxuries.

I guess according to our menu, essentials are the wedding cakes, as they're being served as dessert, and fudge, served with tea and coffee. Rather than spend £50 on home made Devon fudge (which would be nice, but £50!!!) we can buy it from Asda for less than £10.

So we have:

Essentials to Buy:

Cakes - £260 (yes, I wanted to make my own, but much less stress this way and guaranteed delicious)
Fudge - £10
10 more pearl necklaces - £20
Gifts for Sarah and Amy - £40
Flowers for Mums - £40
Port for Dads - £25
Table Plan card - £2!!

and I think for essentials that's about it.

Now, luxuries, don't get me started! I've suddenly decided silver trays would be fabulous with the jam jars on, but expensive to hire, more expensive to buy, it's not going to happen.

Birdcage, may look into this, but a prettily wrapped box would not be a bad second.

Bunting, I discarded the idea previously, but it's still floating around there!

Banners, still haven't got the fabric yet, but at least I have a plan and I think it's doable. The intricate beading isn't doable, but lets keep it simple Kate.

My message tree I've not thought of properly yet either! I bought a load of mini pegs which are cute, but possible essentially useless. What to do about that, I don't know? Maybe a message line? How to work this all out? I do not know.

Still considering an aisle runner, and petal confetti, and oh so many other things, but at the end of the day, it won't matter. My head is swimming with just one more pay day, and this month's has mainly gone now :(

Oh, and not to mention make up. I bought Clinique foundation today, £20! Eek. At least Amy's given me the eye-shadow, and I have the eyeliner and lipstick. I just so want the blusher, and concealer. And I got the mascara free in the bonus gift thing. Can I really justify £40 for two items? Not really, but I probably will. But after pay day.

I can't wait for pay day now.

1 comment:

  1. ahh I love clinique, expensive though! Usually I go for revlon but have bought clinique products a few times now. Concealer wise I recently discovered a brilliant collection 2000 (I think) 16 hour one, it's just as good as the more expensive brands but was under £3 AND it comes in a fair one which isn't too dark! Definitely worth a try :-)

    ReplyDelete