Wednesday 10 March 2010

Banners Planners

I've sketched out in my head what I think I'd like to do for Church banners to decorate the walls. I really like a couple that I found on google, which were simple, with words and viney leavse.

The words were taken from the Book of Ruth:

Where you go, I will go

and

Where you stay, I will stay

Which I think are lovely, and full of faithfulness, and love. I've typed it out in a nice font, blown it up on A3 so I can cut around the letters, and then cut them out of black or dark green felt. I've then used heart shapes to make leaves and will find a trim of cord to make the stalks and I can add a purple butterfly and heart like flowers too.

I'm going to reserve the Easter weekend for the sewing, and keeping it simple should mean it's achievable. Hopefully! I hope I'm not going to wear myself out with all the craftiness?! I still have to do another count for the favours, and stuff them and sew them up, but I've decided for the men, mint imperials in organza will be fine, so will get some circles and ribbon to make those up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment