Monday 15 March 2010

The Hair Trial - Order Order!

I was really excited about this element. I couldn't envisage myself all bridal with hair and make-up. So I went off to Boots for 9.00am for the make-up, and then Essalon for 10.00am for the hair.

And I was once again very happy with the make-up. And the hair was brilliant too! Here's some pics:
Helloooo, Nora Batty! I had to have my hair set in rollers and sit under a hot dryer like an alien queen for 30 minutes. That wasn't fun and made me realise make-up after the hair would be a better solution as I went ever so red! It was incredibly hot and boring under there let me tell you. But the hair dresser (Jenny) said she had a portable dryer thing she'd bring with her on the Sunday morning so joy, I can be an alien queen then too!

And here's the contraption with me under it. Bizarrely old fashioned aren't they. Right from the sixties, and to cap it all off (excuse the pun!) the on switch had fallen off and they had to use pliers to turn the knob. Fills one with confidence it does! The things ones grandma had to go through for a set!!

But I think the alien queen thing was worth it, because I loved the look! It was just what I wanted, soft, romantic, not too fussy, and a bit bouffant, but simple at the same time!



2 comments:

  1. gorgeous :-) love the hairband too, exactly the kind of thing I'm looking for too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I do recommend Glitzy Secrets, but wait until you get a discount! Mine had 25% off! Worth waiting for!! :)

    ReplyDelete