Saturday 27 March 2010

37 Days To Go!

With only 37 days to go until the BIG day, you'd think I'd be feeling a bit more stressed, but in all honesty, I'm not yet. I think it's because Steve isn't really bothered at any of the preceedings, and as we don't really discuss it at home, it's not on my mind here! And not forgetting that most things are organised and sorted now.

I'm thinking more about it at work, and that's where folk keep commenting on how many days left there are!! And that's where I'm chatting about stuff to folk.

Don't get me wrong, Steve is excited about being married. Apparently, but is more looking forward to Mexico. And just getting the day over with. He did ask me yesterday to give him a brief on how his speech goes which is cool. I can at least ensure he ticks the correct boxes.

Hmm, speech writing. From a website -

The job of the groom to do most of the official thanking on the day, in particular he should say:

  • Thank you to the bride's father for his kind words, blessings and (where appropriate) his enormous generosity in paying for the wedding.
  • Thank you to anyone else (perhaps his own family) for their financial contribution.
  • Thank you to his own parents for, well, bringing him up to be an upstanding citizen.
  • Thank you to everyone for accepting their invitation to the wedding and for their kind gifts.
  • Thank you to his best man.
  • Thank you to any ushers and other key helpers.
  • A special toast on behalf of the bride and groom to the bridesmaids and pageboys.
Ok, I can work with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment