Thursday 6 May 2010

Our Honeymoon Day 4

Steve is now done with relaxing and ready for exploring, so we lazed around for the morning, Steve finished his book, I bobbed in the sea and after lunch we strolled down to Puerto Aventuras which is the village/town our hotel is in.

It was scorching hot and the moment we're away from the sea, the heat really gets you. I'd always felt that I didn't sweat, men get the beads on their foreheads but I'd never had that problem. Until today. Man, I was dripping and just so wet with it, it was awful!!

We found our way to the Marina where Steve hired a boat to take us fishing next Tuesday. I've never fished, but I'm going along with as Steve is very excited at the possibility of catching a marlin, mahi mahi or a sail fish.

We then saw the dolphin place and got to see some of their training which was great. I sat in the shade and Steve tried to take pictures but on my camera which was a bit slow for him!

We headed back after buying some postcards and booked ourselves onto the hotel bus which goes to Playa Del Carmen, the nearest big town on Friday night.

We then decided to try out one of the a la carte restarants and got dressed up and got a seat for 8.30 at the Japanese restaurant.

This was a meal with a bit of a show as the Japanese chef cooks right in front of you and throws food around in the air and it was very fun to watch. We were two English folk with a party of 10 American friends which was a little disconcerting to start with, but they were chatty and friendly.

We headed back to our room afterwards, full and sleepy! Another good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment