Wednesday 5 May 2010

Our Honeymoon Day 3

Another relaxing and hot day here in Mexico. This morning Steve went up to the Terrace roof top to film his sunrise. I didn't go, and tidied our room a bit, (I know we have a maid here, but it makes me tidier!!) and then managed to get him away for breakfast.

We had a morning of snorkelling and I got better at it. We went all round the lagoon which was nice, and then into the sea. Apparently there are barracdas about and I wouldn't want to meet one of them, but near the shore its lovely just bobbing about.

We went back to meet Christian and booked a trip to Chichen Itza which is a site of Mayan pyramids and ruins. They had a built a pyramid which represented our calender as we know it today over 2000 years ago with days, weeks and months all represented. It sounded fascinating.

We also mentioned to Christian that we were on our honeymoon and would it be possible to move rooms to one with a bigger bed. As it's so hot, Steve keeps saying I sprawl and am kicking him out in my sleep (!) so gets into the other one and disappears in the morning to film, so a bed for both of us would be prefereable.

Straight away we got to see another room which we liked, nearer to the pools so we moved our stuff in and settled in.

Dinner tonight was at the buffet, and was Mexican night. Steve has been overdoing it I think and keeps getting a painful tummy. Glad I packed the gaviscon for him. He may have mocked my first aid kit, but he's appreciating it now!

Both of us quite weary with the heat so went to bed early!

No comments:

Post a Comment