Friday 14 May 2010

Our Honeymoon Day 12

Friday again and two days left after this one.

This has really been a surreal two weeks together, and we've got on really well in all honesty! I did wonder how we'd do, never really have been in each others company as much.

Today was a day of relaxing, all day! We got up early and off Steve went to film another sunrise, and we pretty much sat on the beach all day until 5pm! We did have some breakfast, lunch and dinner along the way, oh, and Steve stubbed his toe and took a gouge of it which was bleeding all over the place and he was suddenly glad of my first aid kit!!

We had to bandage him up quite a bit, there was a lot of blood and everytime he stood on it, more blood and persuading him to rest it up was difficult.

I read Rebecca today by Daphne Du Maurier, and it was wonderful. I don't know how it can have taken me 30 years to read it through, but I'm so glad I did. What a story! It really engaged me, and the forward was very interesting too, about the subtexts and Daphne's life.

Steve is on his third book, and is now into Ben Elton - Dead Famous.

It's nice to have the time to read, and especially by the seaside beside the sea.

We returned to the steak house for dinner and used our last a la carte voucher. Steve had another t-bone (he will be looking like a steak on the way home) and I had a rack of ribs. Utterly delicious!

We then sat by the beach watching the stars and Steve filmed them. It actually felt chilly too in the sea breeze! The stars are incredibly bright over the sea, we saw orion and the plough and the north star and as that's all we know how to identify, we probably saw more constellations but didn't know what they were!!

No comments:

Post a Comment