Tuesday 4 May 2010

The Honeymoon Day 2

We woke up at about 5am, our systems being on English time despite the late nights and funny hours. I'd hardly had chance to say 'good morning' to Steve when he muttered, 'I'm going to do a time lapse of the sunrise on the beach' and he was gone.

I got up and dressed and headed off to find him, and there he was, filming away, so we sat together for a bit and it was nice, seeing the sun rise with him. Little did I know at this point that I would despair of the words 'time' and 'lapse' when used together.

We then had breakfast at around 7am, a lovely selection of all things, cereals, fruits, juices, hot stuff with bacon, sausages, pancakes and mexican things like tortillas and enchiladas!!

At 9.30am we had a meeting with our Thomson rep, Christian and he told us bits and pieces which was useful.

Then we had a day relaxing, getting to know the place and swimming. I had a go at snorkelling which was ok, but I didn't like the feeling of the goggles on my face!

For dinner we went to the Tapas resaurant on the roof top, we'd missed lunch after eating too much from the snack bar all day and didn't want to eat much. It was so romantic and food was beautifully presented. We sat outside, in the breeze eating scallops, crab with avacado and it was perfect. Afterwards, we went to the Creperie next door! Steve had a pancake, I couldn't manage anything else but had a milkshake that was lovely.

Just taking the oppurtunity to relax and sit and be still, lying under swaying palms, it's wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment