Tuesday 6 October 2009

Littywood Costs

Well, Littywood have got back to us. And it's more expensive than anticipated to say the least! To have their marquee at the moment for 70 people, it will cost £2100. Any more than that (and you can sit 120 in there) would cost extra anyhow for extra tables and chairs etc...

For the extension of 9ft square it would be an extra £1800, and then on top there'd be more tables and chairs, and the toilets would cost an extra £400.

Steve practically had kittens as unfortunately he was there when Mum was telling me on the phone! He doesn't mind a wedding day, but he is minding a costly reception. I too would be gulping rather at the prospect of paying nearly £5000 pounds for a tent, and that doesn't even include food! But I know we can afford it with our budget and it would be the one splurge factor and we can cut costs everywhere else I'm sure.

Anyway, with it costing that much, it's put Trentham back on the decision list really, as if they would come down to £5000, it's all there sorted with loos and chandeliers and everything already.

The only question is, do I want a homely manor house where I can put out my bunting and it's pretty and tea on the lawn etc.... or Trentham where it is spectacular grounds but maybe a bit big and probably wouldn't suit my English garden tea party sort of thing.

Dad's calling Trentham today to enquire, but I think I'm still verging towards Littywood myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment