Friday 9 October 2009

The Dress, the Dress!!!

The dress is ordered, bought and paid for! I cannot wait to try it on!

No going back now! It's worked out at £415 for the dress, and £45 for the postage and packaging. Not too bad. Now we just have to wait and see what happens with the import duty.

I also ordered a birdcage veil to play with from Ebay:

and then some shoes from Debenhams in the sale which weren't the perfectly lovely rose ones I'd seen previously, but were similar with bows, and which I thought i could maybe adapt to be sparkly, as I'm sort of thinking at the moment I may need extra sparkle with my outfit.
What do you think of sewing something vintagey onto the bow? Like two matching brooches, or something? I love the line and shape of the shoe and the bow is lovely too. Just needs some glitz! That's whats in my mind today anyhow. I've also been looking at my hair and whats going to go in it. I'm not sure about a side comb, or whether down hair will go with a birdcage veil, but maybe something like this hair comb to the right would be nice? I was thinking one for each side, and then I can remove the veil for later on, and eating, but retain the vintage sparkliness in my hair. Hmm. I need a hairdresser to trial this with, and discuss ideas with! I like the idea of a half up do, and then some little pins dotted around in it, and then accessorizing with a vintagey brooch on my waist line, and maybe adding a lavender colour ribbon if I need a splash of colour? Too many thoughts in my mind and not knowing how it will all look is stressing me out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment