Monday 19 October 2009

Giving Our Notice

Today we had our meeting to give notice at the Registry Office in Stafford. I met Steve and we went along to the office which was very red velvet and dark furniture! I wouldn't like to get married there, but I suppose there are uglier places. My church is full of light and windows and to me and Steve, a much nicer place!

Anyway, it was amusing as whilst we waited, we looked at all the other notices on the walls. There were so many for everyone getting married in the town, and we noticed that hardly any were first time marriages for both partners.

We're obviously one of a kind!

We were called into the office of one Sue Fox, and she then talked to us about the ceremony, and then Steve was sent out whilst she asked me questions about his middle name, date of birth, occupation (which is difficult as he gives himself a new title daily!) and then I was sent out, and he was asked questions which he panicked about, but we passed the test!

Apparently this was a new thing brought in to combat unwelcome arranged marriages, but it was entertaining, and then we paid our £60 and left!

All done!

No comments:

Post a Comment